If you are interested in any of our parrots on our website and live too far to drive down and pick up the puppy in person, then we can make the arrangements for you to have your parrot on a next or same day delivery. The parrot will be shipped to the closest airport near you or hand delivered to your home. Delivery prices are per county, region or country. In most cases the parrot will arrive within 4-8 hours within the US and 72 hours max international delivery from the departure time. However, sometimes delays do occur due to weather or parrot checking, so check the flight with the airline before you leave your home to go to the airport.
General airline Requirements
1. The parrot must be at least 9 weeks 4 days old.
2. Must be accompanied with a veterinarian Health/Acclimation Certificate
3. Some airlines have restrictions for temperature and will check destination and arrival flight temperature forecasts.
Cost of Shipping via airline
1. veterinarian Health/Acclimation Certificate Approx
2. Cost of Travel Cage (depends on size of cage)
3. Airfreight is determined by the weight of the bird and the weight/size of the cage (Larger and older birds can cost more)
FREE SHIPPING WITHIN THE USA, CANADA AND AUSTRALIA
International Customers contact us for a quote
If you decide to have a parrot shipped to you, we will need the following information:
1. Your full name, that you have I.D. for, you will need to show this at the airport cargo desk when you pick up your parrot
2. The full name of someone else who also has I.D., as a “back up’ person for pickup so they can pick up your parrot, if, in case of an emergency you are unable.
3. Your physical address, it cannot be a post office box
4. Phone numbers that you can easily be reached at, preferably at least two numbers.
5. The name of the COUNTY that you live in
6. The name of the airport that you prefer your parrot to arrive at, and the name of an optional airport
7. What parrot you are interested in.
Safe and Comfortable Shipping process
Parrots aren’t vases or art supplies, so when you hear that he or she can be shipped to you, your first reaction is probably shock. Before you panic, get that picture of cardboard boxes and foam peanuts out of your mind! Shipping parrots is usually quite safe and any airlines or trucking companies that take live animals have procedures in place to be sure they arrive in good health.
Airlines will either ship parrots in the cargo compartment which sounds a bit callous and scary, but is actually fairly safe and comfortable for the parrot, especially if there is no need for a layover or cargo transfer or the pet to be stowed under the passenger’s seat in lieu of carry on luggage. This is probably the safest mode of air travel, but may be more expensive and what we mostly use since we pay an additional fee for the pet. We do ship by Land using a trucking company that specializes in transporting pets is another option. The trucks will carry parrots, dropping off and picking up birds on a very carefully planned route that can cover as much as half of the United States in one long road trip
We always give all our parrots a vaccine prior to shipping to avoid the chances of other pets infecting them.